Checklist for Potential Donors
Potential donors are encouraged to consider the following when considering the establishment of an endowment fund.
1. What do you hope to accomplish with the endowment?
2. How much do you want to contribute and for how long?
3. What type of award do you envision?
4. Are you able to establish the endowment with:
5. When do you want the endowment to become operational? (A minimum of one year lead time is usually needed)
6. If you want to start the endowment prior to one year after the $50,000 level is reached (per policy), will you underwrite expenses for the award in addition to contributing to the endowment principal?
7. What do you want the annual award to cover each year?
8. Will you underwrite travel expenses? (Expenses include round-trip
airfare, one night lodging)
The following represents some discussion points that may assist you in covering all the information pertinent to the endowment.
1. Award presentation information:
2. The endowment amount is predicated on the following:
3. Guidelines for administration of the award are developed cooperatively between you and the ARCF.
4. ARCF Trustees will make final decisions regarding all aspects of the endowment, including establishment of the amount of the endowment and the amount of the award. You will make decisions regarding support of travel of the award recipient and on the endowment ceiling.
5. A letter of understanding capturing the agreement between you and the ARCF will be sent to you as soon as possible.
6. Additional contributions of varying amounts are welcomed after the endowment minimum has been reached.
© 2018 American Respiratory Care Foundation