NBRC William W. Burgin, Jr., MD and Robert M. Lawrence, MD Education Recognition
The American Respiratory Care Foundation and the National Board for
Respiratory Care may award up to $7,500 annually to a
third or fourth-year student enrolled in an accredited respiratory therapy
program leading to a Baccalaureate degree. This award also consists of
a certificate of recognition, coach airfare, one night's lodging, and registration
for the AARC Congress 2018.
- Completed application form.
- Must provide official transcript verifying a GPA of 3.0 or better
on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent.
- Letter from director of admissions verifying enrollment in an accredited
Baccalaureate degree respiratory care educational program.
- An original referenced paper on some aspect of respiratory care. The
paper should include a cover page giving only the title of the paper.
The paper should be devoid of any information such as the applicant's
name, address, or school that could provide a bias in the evaluation.
- An original essay of at least 1,200 words describing how this award
will assist the applicant in reaching the objective of a degree and
the candidate's ultimate goals of leadership in health care. The paper
should include a cover page with the author's name, address and phone
number. The body of the paper should be devoid of any information such
as applicant's name, address, or school that could provide a bias in
- Letters of recommendation from the program director or other senior
faculty member and from the medical director or other physician instructor
attesting to: a) approval of candidate's paper, b) candidate's worthiness
for the award, and c) candidate's potential for a career in the profession
of respiratory care.
Please note that
the application deadline is June 1.
Past Award Recipients
Recognition Awards Application
Back to Awards